Saturday, July 30, 2011

Some of my ships

The white vessel is MV Camilla. She has been abandoned in the picture and is in the process of being salvaged. There was fun and games aboard of her;-)

After salvage she was sailed to Antwerp Belgium. I went across on her. What a trip. I could write a book about being on board while the crew were getting her ready ,the subsequent voyage and what went on after arrival.

The red vessel is the Lady Franklin. I sailed aboard her for a few years from the Arctic to the Antarctic and all points in between. We had a really rough voyage to Turkey aboard of her one winter.

Anyway time to take the dogs out



2 comments:

  1. Doin' some catching up on blogs, Dan. I love how you're sharing the environment up there. It looks wonderful - I am jealous to be sure.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete